Building Self Confidence

"You can be anything you want to be, if only you believe with sufficient conviction and act in accordance with your faith; For whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."
By Napoleon Hill Author of Think and Grow Rich

If you want to be successful in creating the life of your dreams you first must believe that you are capable of making it happen. Whatever you call it guts, courage, or self confidence you have to believe that you have what it takes in order to get the job done and accomplish your dreams. You must believe in yourself, because if you don't, you never will truly achieve at the level you wish. You will always be one step behind, with doubt as your partner.

When I was growing up I always wondered why things happened the way they did. It always seemed like my mother would take one step forward, but then fall back two. We would do well for awhile, then it would all fall apart. Why did this happen to a honest hard working mother?

I was sixteen years old, when I picked up my first copy of Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill at a local Barnes and Nobles. I bought this book, not because I was set on becoming rich, but because I wanted to know why my hard working parents struggled. What were they missing? Would I end up like them? I wanted to know so I could avoid the problems they had. The key thing I learned from Think and Grow Rich  was that my parents had the ability to achieve happiness and success the whole time, but they lacked the confidence. Knowing what you want is not good enough. You must know what you want and believe you can achieve it. Believing in yourself when times are hard is what gives you that extra push to go that extra mile. Sometimes all it takes is that one extra push.

Action Step
Here a peace taken from The Law of Success by Napoleon Hill. I personally used this same formula until I memorized it. I would read it aloud every night before I went to bed and every morning when I would wake up. I wish you would do the same. It changed my life, and it can also change yours. 

1. I know that I have the ability to achieve the object of my definite purpose, therefore I demand of myself persistent, aggressive, and continuous action toward its attainment.

2. I realize that the dominating thoughts of my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward, bodily action and then gradually transform themselves into physical reality. Therefore I will concentrate my mind for thirty minutes daily on the task of thinking of the person I intend to become, by creating a mental picture of this person then transforming that picture into reality through my actions.

3. I know that through the principle of auto suggestion, and desire I persistently hold in my mind will eventually seek expression through some practical means of realizing it. Therefore I shall devote ten minutes daily to demanding myself the development of the factors named in the seventeen lessons of the law of success.

4. I have clearly mapped out and written down, a description of my definite purpose in life, for the next five years. I have set a price on my services for each of these five years, a price that i intend to earn and receive through strict application of the principle of efficient,satisfactory service, which I will render in advance.

5.I fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure unless it is built up on truth and justice. Therefore, 
I will engage in no transaction that does not benefit all who it affects. I will succeed by attraction to me the forces I wish to use and the cooperation of other people, I will induce others to serve me because I will first serve them. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and any cynicism by developing love for all humanity; because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me because I will believe in them and in myself.

I will sign my name to this formula commit it to memory, and repeat it out loud once a day with full faith that it will gradually influence my entire life so that I will become a successful and happy worker in my chosen field of endeavor.

Signed _____________

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog. Great article related to confidence building. Keep up the good work.

Self Improvement Twitter