Exceed Expectations

Those who do no more than they are paid for have no real basis for requesting more pay because they are already getting all they deserve to earn.
Napoleon Hill

There are two types of people in this world: The people who say, "When this job finally decides to pay me what I’m worth, then I will put forth the effort" The second is the person who says, "I’m going to be the best I can, because that’s the kind of person I am. I also know that if I consistently give more than expected, I will eventually be rewarded for my efforts." Its easy to see that positive motivated people who exceed expectations give the most towards a company. This is why they are the people rewarded not the slackers.

In order to get ahead in this world, you have to move faster than everyone else. Success will not come easy if you slack off. You must work hard and do more than whats expected to get what you want. The people who do satisfactory work are usually forgotten, but the people who go above and beyond whats expected are remembered. Never cut yourself short by giving less than 100% in your endeavors.

In every aspect of your life, do more than whats expected, even more than what you yourself expects. If someone asks for some help go the extra mile, you can open up many doors in your life just by being good to people and showing them that you care. The next chance you have help someone out, without expecting anything in return. I have gotten myself into the habit of doing this daily. It doesn't take much to help someone out, it could be something little like giving someone a smile if they are having a bad day. That little smile and politeness could be all a person needs to change their day around.

The more you do for others, the more you are doing for yourself and for the world. Do more than expected, and I promise you, you will also receive more than you ever dreamed of in return.

Action Steps

1. Always attend a meeting on time or early. If you are late you give the impression that you don't care. If you don't care why should the person you are meeting with?

2. Whenever you feel you should be doing something, do not hesitate.. Just do it.

3. Take the time to listen to people and give them your full attention, show them that you care.

4. Go the extra mile in every opportunity, your efforts will be recognized.



Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you. Never excuse yourself. Never pity yourself. Be a hard master to yourself - and be lenient to everybody else.
Henry Ward Beecher

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog http://sadhuji.blogspot.com . I really appriciate your Web page Success demands Action. I too admirer of Napolion Hill Philosophy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your valuable insights.
The contents reminds the ideas I read from Napolean Hill's "Think your way towards your wealth"

See you...

Anonymous said...

Good stuff...being average is easy and not very rewarding. Going above and beyond is what we are truly rewarded for in all aspects of life.

Rick said...

Outstanding Article. We have to set our sights for what we want to achieve and then decide to get there.

Self Improvement Twitter